1005 Hwy. 51 Bypass, Dyersburg, TN 38024
Sunday School 9:30AM, Worship 10:45AM

Previous: Racial Inclusion and Civil War

First Meeting Places

The church met in various locales, including the Sawyer Opera House, until 1889, when the congregation erected its own building at the corner of Mill and McGaughey streets. FPC first ch bldg 1889-1919 Mill & McGaughey

FPC Church 1919 Annex in Rear Added 1952In 1919, the church was rebuilt, and in 1952, an annex was added

FPC sanctuary 1952






Sensing a need to minister to people in the Evansville community, the Session passed a resolution on April 25, 1954, approving to rent a building just west of Bowen’s Lane for a “Sunday School outpost.”

The rental idea was subsequently abandoned in favor of purchasing a site located on Highway 20, where FPC held its opening service for this group of believers on July 11, 1954.FPC Westend Outpost 1954
Around the time FPC moved to its new location on the Hwy. 51 Bypass in 1972, that congregation closed to join them, being in much closer proximity, and they sold the Evansville property. Those members have all now departed this life, but many current members still remember elder Raymond Hutson and his wife Frances, who also served as church secretary for several years.

In 1972, the church moved to its present property on Highway 51 Bypass, generously donated by the Alexander family. Services were held in what is now Alexander Hall until the present sanctuary was dedicated on September 12, 1993.


Early Pastors